Pneumatic airbags are a type of cargo securing means, used as an independent means of securing cargo, or in combination with other additional cargo securing elements, such as tie-down straps, anti-skid mats, and other means.
Airbag Made of polished dense fabric or paper from propylene threads woven into a dense fabric. This air bag technology makes air bags moisture-proof and completely airtight.
Depending on the dimensions of the cargo, air bags have different sizes (width, height), are equipped with an air valve through which air is supplied by pumping with a compressor, filling the empty space between the cargo and pressing it tightly against the walls of the vehicle by spreading, thereby preventing load from displacement during movement. Airbags are blown off in a few seconds, they are intended for reusable use, provided that the surface of the bag is intact. Air fastening bags can fill a space from 100 to 600 mm.
Types of airbags:
Airbags for cargo lashing come in 5 levels:
• Level L1: Mode of transport: truck / container for filling side voids. All types of general cargo.
• Level L2: Mode of transport: truck / container / ship, installation vertical or horizontal, Max. Load up to 34,000 kg.
• Level L3 and L4: Mode of transport: Mainly used in rail wagons with cargo weights between 34,000 kg and 93,000 kg.
• Level L5: used for extra heavy paper rolls and metal rolls transported in railway wagons and ships with a cargo mass exceeding 93,000 kg.
Advantages of airbags for fixing loads.
• Operating temperature – 30°С + 50°С
• Resistant to sunlight, dirt, moisture
• Light weight
• Easy to remove and install
• Does not damage the packaging of the cargo
• Empty space fills in large volumes
• Wear resistance
• Fixings are easily done by one person.